Our Statement of Spirituality
At South Crosland C.E.(A) Junior School, we believe that spirituality is something that we can all experience in our own individual and special way.
Our children are naturally curious about the things around them, asking big questions about the world in which they live and beyond. They are supported to reflect upon and challenge their own thoughts and opinions and are encouraged to embrace the gift of life to the full.
Our school vision and four core Christian values of: Friendship, Forgiveness, Honest and Respect aim to foster the intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development of our whole school community. We believe that everyone has the right to a caring, consistent, safe learning environment where they are treated with respect and supported to flourish and succeed.
How our school develops spirituality
- enabling our children to understand and explore values and beliefs, Christian beliefs and beliefs that are personal and relevant to them and the way in which they impact on peoples’ lives
- encouraging our children to reflect on their experiences as well as learn from these
- providing opportunities for them to understand feelings and emotions and develop understanding and empathy
- supporting our children to grow and flourish, respect others and be respected
- promoting ‘big questions’ and valuing children’s’ questions and responses
- giving our children a variety of opportunities to reflect on their own thoughts and ideas, to respond and to explore their responses and those of others
- enabling our children to make sense of what is offered to them, understand the impact and make connections that are relevant to them
- reminding our children that spirituality is something that we can all experience in our own individual and special way
Spiritually developed children love and respect themselves and enjoy flourishing relationships with each other. They take an interest and delight in the world around them; they are able to confidently discuss the world in which they live and beyond. They are able to express and understand feelings, they have a strong moral sense and a love of what is good. They are able to appreciate times of quiet, stillness and reflection and actively support each other to be happy and successful.