How WE support your child with their well-being
This year, we have introduced our Care Crew. Their role within school is to ensure that everyone has someone that they can turn to if they aren’t feeling quite themselves. The Care Crew wear a lanyard so that they can easily be recognised. They are there to help with friendship issues in the playground, or simply as a friendly ear to listen. They also point children in the direction of adults who can help them to solve trickier problems.
In school, we currently support wellbeing in a variety of ways, including:
- ELSA – (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
- Friendly Ear Sessions
- Forest School Sessions
- A quiet room within school for children who sometimes need a calm space.
- A reflective garden, giving children the opportunity to be close to nature.
- Emotional check-in opportunities daily in every class.
- Pupil Voice through School Council, Digital Leaders and The Care Crew.
- Promoting resilience, self-esteem and confidence through collective worship.
- Worship delivered by The Care Crew once per term.
- Worry boxes in each class.